Saturday 29 September 2012

J'arrive!

The time came! On Friday 28th September I very tearily left my beloved Angleterre to begin my year en Provence! I was scared and nervous and the excitement hadn't really kicked in yet due to a stressful and emotional last week at home, for several reasons. Then, having flown to Milan, as Turin, the closest airport, had no flights that day, we faced about a 4 hour drive, stuck in traffic for an hour solid. This did nothing to help my stress and left me feeling EPuIsÉE! (Shattered!!!) But then, my friends, the sun came out. Literally, because we arrived at 8:30 pm here so pitch black. And I have had an amazing first day. Firstly, I met my Head of English who is literally the nicest person in the history of the world. She offered to do my washing! Yeh, I know! AND she had purple eyeshadow which is a sure sign of a complete babe of a woman. She gave me the keys to my room YEY! I unpacked and made it all pretty :-) pictures will follow once I take some... And then, the best thing happened. What's that I hear you say? Could my day possibly get any better? Well yes, invisible reader, it could! I went and did the dreaded phone sign up. I was a wee bit anxious as I don't understand mobile phone contracts en anglais let alone here. But I had a little chat with the lady, successfully purchased a French mobile phone (flip phone and everything. Oh yeh, don't say the English don't got style) and a French pay as you go sim AND (here's the best part) was told by the sales assistant that I spoke French VERY WELL! She didn't laugh or anything when she said it so I can only presume she was telling the truth. She is now my favourite person here. Well maybe joint with my teacher. Tonight I'm off to meet my fellow English speaking teachers here. We are gonna head on down to the English bar (original) and hopefully have a spiffing evening. So all is well here. I'll post some pictures very soon. I promise. Bisous x

No comments:

Post a Comment